After my husband has build me a nice shelf for my embroidery thread I had the need to store my big serger thread cones as well. Those I do not use as much and my wall has little space left, so I wanted to store them somehow closed. So far they were lying in a transparent Samla-box by IKEA, but the thread was always making nests and the cones rolled around.
Against the nesting I orderd thread stoppers from Snaply but they were too small for my 5.000m and 10.000 meter cones.
Last autumn I had ordered name fabric for the first time at Lisa Bee in America. It had been an adventure for me to retrieve the parcel at the German customs. Back then I had chosen two sets for Siren-Totes by XOXO Lauren but have only sewn one so far – my turtle bag, which has accompanied my (or rather my husband) during our trip to Malta.
In a couple of days my son goes on skiing holiday with his class for nine days. 12 hours of bus drive one direction. The only electronical device that is allowed is a Nintendo. I never wanted to have that but 12 hours is quite a long time …
Well, so he got his Nintendo after all, and of course he needed a zipper bag for transportation and little bag for the game chips and the earphones. Naturally it had to be his favourite colour – green! And embroidered according to the purpose.
The big bag is a blank zipper bag 14x20cm by RockQueen adorned with the profile of a game controller (a free design by LaCocotteAuxCarreaux) as well as his name done in the Little Hero Font by PlanetApplique, which was free for a weekend some time ago. Isn’t that cute? Addionally the Techie-Stuff-Bag 10x10cm by ITH by Sher, which has also been a freebie some time ago and which I have done before.
Thanks to my experience with zipper bags by Individual Pieces and RockQueen I could do the Techie-Stuff Bag also with lining though the design was not made for that. I just had to redo several of the sequences which is quite easy to do using the back and forward buttons. Though it is a little big ennoying and I need to be very focused upon the task (otherwise I would have to use the seam ripper – which of course would never ever happen to me).
At last I have used a small piece of the faux leather for a device cord wrap by Embroidery Garden (which is a freebie there forever) with initials done with the monogram function of my machine. Therefore I have done the dieline of the cord wrap twice on the stabilizer, so I would know where to place the fabric. Then I have done the monogram on the first place, cut the piece out of the stabilizer and used as the backside of the second cord wrap, which close with KamSnaps.
My son is enraptured! And can hardly wait for the journey to begin.
For years I have been wishing for two things: a folding screen and a pinnboard. The folding screen I wanted to be able to close the big passage between eating and living room. So that I need not see my son’s lego paradise there, or that the children playing there do not feel monitored when their mothers are drinking coffee next door. And the pinnboard I wanted to sort out ideas or to display holiday pictures and postcard.
Since last week I am fighting with embroidering a quilt pattern. Either the thread snaps or is making bird’s nests, under the embroidery or in the upper thread way. Every 100 stitches one or other problem occurs.