The weather forecast had said it would be rainy but it was dry and mild around midnight. So we could enjoy the gorgous fireworks our neighbors did. Traditionally a new year starts with good purposes, but I did not want to burden the new year with several of those, so I started with them already last year:
- to sew besides the embroidering
- to write this blog
- to think and write about happiness
Having done some reflecting over my crafting during the holidays made me have another resolution:
- Collect less and craft more!
As goals are supposed to be smart (specific – measurable – acceptable – realistic – terminated) this means to me:
- to buy or collect designs and patterns only if I have a concrete idea what I want to do with it and if I do not have anything comparable
- to finish my UFOs (unfinished objects):
- My project bound fabric purchases on the last two fabric market visits before I buy new fabric on the fabric market in May
- a new curtain in front of my shelves in my sewing room
- a dress from the aquarell fabric
- a leopard bag from Lisa Bees Name Fabric
But stop now. Of course I do have more ideas but to many goals would weigh to heavy on me and there is also still some life next to my crafting to be lived: family, job and houshold duties that need to be attended to.
And for my blog I also have some ideas that I want to pursue. Next to presenting my creative work and my Sundays thoughts on happiness I want to report on our travels and the development of my sewing realm. Also I want to work on my link-lists. Which other themes would be of interest to you? About what do you want to read?
What about your plans for 2019? Do you have resolutions? Which ones?