24 day of exceptional circumstances – Instead of contemplentativeness gathering fits! Advent calendars everywhere. Of course there were the sweet ones at home but also a lot of calenders online for embroiderers and sewers:
- 10’s Embroideries – daily a little free embroidery design – accessible not only on that day but also later
- Bernina Blog – daily a little tutorial for a nice do it yourself project, sometimes with a little embroidery design – all still accessible as they are regular Blog posts as in the years before
- Cyncopia – täglich eine kleine freie Stickdatei
- Die Ebookmacher (via Facebook)- daily a little embroidery design free only on that day
- Embroidery designs and beyond (via Facebook) – did 2 times a 12 days of christams designer hop
- Farbenmix – a 12 day Sewalong for a nice bag followed by 12 days of tipps and inspiration
- FruBlomgren (via etsy)- daily a pretty embroidery set for small money (30% of the later price), this year with an angel theme – and after I loved the designs last year so much on my seasonal table runner and the star singer capes, I collected angels this year to stitch them some time in the future
- Individual Pieces (via Facebook) – here there were either free embroidery designs or sale on special products – by the way this posts picture shows pot mats that I test stitched while I was collecting the other designs
- JewelDesignStudio (via Facebook) – did 2 times 12 days of christmas with free embroidery designs. The first time was already in November which I think is very clever as this gives more time to stitch the designs for the holidays. The second time was th 6.000 member celebration in December
- Stick-Elli – here there was a special sale on on product each day – though some of the products I really liked but did not buy as I was so fed up with designs that I could not buy more
- Stickzeit (via etsy) – a calendar to buy with designs not only for christmas – but as I had already so many calendars I did not buy this either though there were some pretty designs in it
- … and there were a lot of more, but I coud not do more and I needed no more.
Huh, this calendar hunt did stress me, to collect everyday the goodies, not to forget the freebies that come without being christmas time that I collect, too. Now I have a whole big bunch of new ideas, patterns and embroidery designs.
But where do I get the time needed to to all these? Not to mention to catalogue all of them? Because of all the collecting I had no time for cataloguing them, and of course they want to be done…
Not to mention all my patterns and the fabric stash …